Our uniform code was agreed by our School Council last academic year and is in your child’s planner.
- School polo shirt and sweatshirt (these can be purchased via the school office)
- Smart navy, black or grey trousers or skirt
- Flat black shoes, not trainers
Some parents have had difficulty finding school uniform that fits. We also know that choosing suitable trousers for school uniform can be quite tricky as there is a surprisingly wide range of trouser styles sold as school uniform. Our general principle is that trousers should be ‘smart’ and not in the style of jeans, that is with rivets at the pockets. If you’re not sure if your child’s uniform meets the code or if you’ve had any difficulty finding the correct uniform for any reason, please do talk to school about this. We do have some spare uniform in school that may be suitable and understand that we need to be flexible for some pupils.
We want everyone to look smart. Polo shirt collars should be down and sweatshirts should not be tied around the waist. Pupils may wear special clothes for their religion if Mrs Bradbury agrees. These clothes should be blue or black. Clothes that cover the face are not allowed because they stop other people from lip-reading.
Some pupils have worn black trainers and soft baseball shoes to school, thinking that they are fine for school wear. These are not suitable for school uniform because they’re not sufficiently sturdy for regular wear in wet weather and don’t give enough protection from accidents.
- Light blue polo shirt and navy blue shorts
- Optional navy blue tracksuit and football shorts
- Optional hooded sweatshirts and t-shirts with school logo can be ordered via the school office